Spent Sunday with Rhiannon, Destiny and Adam. We ended up going to Oroville since Dest had "never been to the Oroville Dam... and its the Salmon Festival!" Ok, so there was no Salmon Festival, we missed the re-enactments since it was on Saturday, but we had a great time making up our own Oroville Tour '08. The town was pretty much deserted and felt like a creepy scene from a Steven King movie, but sometimes you take what you can get.
First stop - The Oroville Dam.

And the scenic Feather River:

On with the tour - The Feather River Park - Catch the Dream.
Rhiannon is the next "Welcome to Oroville" postcard.

Destiny climbing.
Adam conquered the Rocks to become "King of Oroville"
And since I wasnt about to be left out...
Next stop - The Lott House:
Belonged to Judge Lott. Not big on guided tours, so we wandered on our own.

The hallway was nothing but a giant bookshelf with all the old, tattered law books and encyclopedias.
The cookstove. The plaques on the walls included hand written reciepes and daily instructions.

And in the park that surrounds the the house, we got a little camera happy.
Rhiannon and Me.
Destiny and Me.
Roses from the garden area.
Adam making his modeling debut.
His best Zoolander impression - flower behind the ear was a great artistic touch.
Final Stop - The Chinese Temple.
The Tapestry Room:
When you open the doors, you are greeted by these warriors of massive size. I dont remember what the sign said about how big the tapestry was, but I would guess minimum of 12 feet tall.

This was part of a long story telling tapestry. I really liked the detail of the bird. Pictures are a little dark and not clear due to shooting through glass and no flash.
Teapots.

The Alter Room.

A collection of the clothing.

An ancient Mahjong set.

The doorway into the Council Room. The circle represented "the Circle of Life".

We had so much fun, but lets be honest here... Oroville?! It was really a great weekend and I am so glad I got to spend some time with Rhiannon and just hang out. We all need to plan a girls weekend more often.
Us girls - The California family.
0 comments:
Post a Comment