Friday, September 19, 2008

Tamales Festival, September 14, 2008

Over 7500 people converged on Cesar Chavez Park in Downtown Sacramento. We sold 5000 tickets the day of the event. Every time we thought we were getting ahead, the line just seemed to grow.

Though, I have to admit, this is one of my favorite events. The location is so much smaller, making set up easier. And this year KSFM went with a much more cultural based event instead of bringing in Hip Hop artists. The attendees, for being crammed into the park like sardines, were awesome. Everyone seemed to have a really great time.


Colorful Dancers. I love the teal colored skirt.



The detail on the skirts is amazing. And they dance with such grace!




The cultural dancers are really fun to watch. They always seem to have such a great time doing this too. I love watching them walk around after, still dressed up. People always stop and have so many questions. The costumes are incredible.



Making the World's Largest Tamale... yes we get into the Guiness Book of World Records every year. This year it was 42 feet long and over 8 inches wide. Thats a lot of mushy tamale. And people line up to eat this thing.

Another view of the Worlds Largest Tamale.


One of the musical acts.




(all pictures are courtesy of Liz. I didnt have my camera with me)









2 comments:

Unknown said...

I sooooooo gotta get one of those purple skirts for myself.

Cederberg Family said...

I am so glad that you found our blog!! You are more than welcome to stop by anytime! Even if it is at 6 am!!! We would love to have you! This festival looked like a ton of fun, and very yummy!!!

Blog Archive